Asbestos Awareness Training
Regulation 10 Information, instruction and training of CAR 2012 requires the duty holder to ensure that asbestos awareness training is effectively communicated to persons likely to come into contact with asbestos. This includes:
- General Maintenance Staff
- Gas Fitters
- Painters and Decorators
- Demolition Workers
- Construction Workers
- Heating and Ventilation Engineers
- Telecommunications Engineers
- Fire and Burglar Alarm Installers
- Computer Installers
- Architects, Building Surveyors
- Shop Fitters
Safeline Environmental can conduct asbestos awareness training consisting of a half day course covering the following aspects:
- The properties of asbestos and its effects on health.
- The types, uses and likely occurrences of asbestos and ACM’s in buildings and plant.
- General procedures to be followed to deal with an emergency, for example an uncontrolled release of asbestos into the workplace.
- How to avoid the risks from asbestos.