Asbestos Management Plans
Asbestos Management Policies and Procedures Documentation.
Regulation 4 The Duty to Manage Asbestos in Non Domestic Premises, of CAR 2012 requires the duty holder to put into place an asbestos management policy. This is formed in the majority of cases by utilising the information within an asbestos survey.
An asbestos management policy should contain the following:
- Details of how the location and condition of known or presumed asbestos containing materials (ACM’s) is recorded.
- Priority assessments including scores if algorithms have been used.
- A table of priority for action.
- Decisions about management options including the rationale.
- A timetable for action.
- Monitoring arrangements.
- Employees and their responsibilities.
- Training arrangements for employees and contractors.
- A plan of implementation of new procedures, including those for external contractors.
- The mechanism for passing information about the location and condition of ACM’s to those who need it.
- Who will oversee the quality of the entries made on the management plan.
- A procedure for review of the plan, including a timetable.
Safeline Environmental assists its clients with the formulation of asbestos management policy and procedural documentation to ensure compliance with the legislation.